Mazars Central and Eastern European Tax Guide 2019
The Hungarian office of Mazars published for the 7th time its regional tax guide, which presents snapshots and comparative charts of the tax systems of 22 CEE countries for 2019.
It is with great pleasure that we announce the 7th edition of the MAZARS Central and Eastern European Tax Guide. The report on the current taxation regimes of the CEE covers 22 countries: it includes the Visegrad countries, Southeast Europe, Russia, Ukraine and the Baltic states. Its purpose is to help investors compare the fundamental factors of competitiveness.
Highlights of 2019:
- Consumption-type taxes are still paramount, collection practices are becoming more stringent
- Positive impressions with online invoicing
- The total wage cost of employers is still close to 160% of the net wages; Hungary is still behind in this respect
- Corporate income taxes differ widely, the greatest difference exceeds 20 percentage points
- The European Union has taken steps to restrain tax competition and prevent tax evasion
We hope and trust that our readers will find this summary useful and inspiring. We also included the contact information for Mazars offices and experts.
Download the guide by clicking the link below.
Please visit the interactive online platform of the Mazars CEE Tax Guide 2019: Mazars Central and Eastern European Tax Guide 2019