Financial Advisory Services
Mazars in Russia dedicates a team of specialists in transactions to assist you in your investment and financing projects through buy-side or sell-side due diligence, independent business review, post-transaction assistance.
Our approach and team are tailored to the specific needs of each deal, based on technical excellence and experience:
- Fluid diligence approach through partner involvement: Your key contact will be a partner who will be strongly involved throughout the due diligence process.
- Responsiveness: Our dedicated team works at the fast pace of deals, providing timely communication focused on key risks and potential adjustments to the purchase price.
- Solutions tailored to your needs: We listen to our clients and tailor our approach and deliverable to the specific needs of each deal.
- Mid-market experience: We understand the specificities of the middle market, which often, due to limited resources, requires a more hands-on approach to the process. Our experience in the middle market enables us to meet clients’ needs by developing both operational and financial reporting recommendations that add real value to both the target and the investor.
- Experience of the Russian market: We understand the specificities of the Russian market and are experienced in presenting them to foreign investors.
Our experienced team will help you to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the target and its business model with a deep analysis of the target’s historical performance (quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.).
- Perform a critical analysis of the target’s business plan and its underlying assumptions.
- Identify potential deal breakers or key risks relating to the target business and the transaction.
- Evaluate the terms of the deal with an analysis of the financial drivers that directly impact the purchase price.
- Identify the optimal tax structure of the deal.
- Assist in drafting the financial implications of the purchase agreement, and assess their implementation post-acquisition.
- Identify improvements to internal controls, systems and personnel organization.
- Assess potential differences between Russian GAAP and IFRS.
Buy-side due diligence:
Analyzing the financial and tax information
Early-stage identification of risk areas in the framework of an envisioned sale
Advising during the final determination of the price
Independent Business Review:
Overview of the company's activities (markets, products, facilities, management etc)
FORENSIC and LITIGATION
Your company may be confronted to potential cases of fraud, theft, misstatements, or conflict. Our team can assist you in reviewing the circumstances of each case and gathering the documentation required to support your claim.
VALUATION and MODELING
Our Russian team works with our valuation team in Paris to provide assistance with:
- Forecast of financial effects in case of business restructuring
- Asset value determination in case of business restructuring or price allocation in case of acquisition
- Analyzing overheads and profits
- Analyzing past operational performances and forecast future financial results,
- Calculation of discount rates and multiples
- Testing the accuracy and sensitivity of business models
Mazars in Russia, in cooperation with Mazars Group, provides financial advisory services for clients in a range of industries. We recently assisted the following clients:
- Federal Mogul
- Orco Molcom