In these times of rapidly changing economy and high market volatility, fast and accurate valuation of assets and businesses is crucial for making timely and effective management decisions.
Submit request for proposal
Our Russian team works with our valuation team in Paris to provide assistance with:
- Forecast of financial effects in case of business restructuring
- Asset value determination in case of business restructuring or price allocation in case of acquisition
- Analyzing overheads and profits
- Analyzing past operational performances and forecast future financial results,
- Calculation of discount rates and multiples
- Testing the accuracy and sensitivity of business models
Business value is an objective factor showing business performance. The management goal is to maximize business value. It is strategically important for the survival and prosperity of any business to have a clear model for its value formation.
Formation of this model requires excellent knowledge and understanding of approaches and techniques. Valuation of companies is a complex, dynamic and multivariable task. To fulfill this task, you need a clear understanding of the macroeconomic and sectoral aspects, knowledge of financial, legal, accounting, taxation and other issues, details, technological trends etc. In fact, the term ‘business valuation’ means one of the following tasks:
- Valuation of a majority (controlling, blocking) interest of the company
- Valuation of a minority interest
- Valuation of a property complex
- Valuation of company shares listed on the market
Valuation means value estimation of all assets and liabilities of the company: real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, financial investments receivable, intangible assets, loans. Besides, the effectiveness of the company, its past, present and future profit, development prospects and competitive environment in the market are evaluated and then the concerned company is compared to similar businesses. Business value is determined based on this comprehensive analysis.
Our team has a unique experience in the formation of models for determination of the business value in the following areas:
- Oil and Gas Sector
- Energy Industry
- Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Telecom and IT sector
- Extractive Industries
- Chemical and petrochemical sector
Using IFRS significantly increases the information value of the financial statements of an enterprise, promotes deep analysis of its activities, easy access to international capital markets and contributes to the successful establishment of contacts with foreign partners.
One of the most important stages of the transition to IFRS is measurement of the elements in the financial statements at their fair value.
- Valuation for the purposes of IFRS 1 ‘First-time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards’;
- Valuation for the purposes of IFRS 3 ‘Business Combinations’;
- Valuation for the purposes of IAS 36 ‘Impairment of Assets’;
- Valuation for the purposes of IAS 16 ‘Property, Plant and Equipment’;
- Valuation for the purposes of IAS 38 ‘Intangible Assets’;
- Valuation for the purposes of IAS 39 ‘Financial Instruments’;
- Valuation for the purposes of IAS 40 ‘Investment Property’.
Get in touch